Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Cummins Northwest is the exclusive Pacific Northwest distributor for Cummins, Inc., the global power leader of diesel engines and related technologies. Cummins diesel engines and natural gas engines provide power to customers with trucking, transit, power generation, industrial, marine, RV, construction, and agricultural applications.
Our Operations Include:
- Ten (10) service center locations: Anchorage, AK, Chehalis, WA, Coburg, OR, Medford, OR, Missoula, MT, Pendleton, OR, Portland, OR, Seattle, WA, Spokane, WA, and Yakima, WA.
- Fleet of nearly 100 field service trucks for on-site repairs and maintenance
- Parts Distribution Center in Portland, OR
- Technical Training Centers in South Seattle Community College, and Portland, OR.
Our Business Operations and Core Competencies Include:
- Engine and power generation equipment sales
- Sales and installation of diesel emission reduction technology
- Retail parts sales
- Wholesale parts distribution
- Service of diesel and alternative fueled engines
- Service of power generation equipment and other related products
At Cummins Northwest, our people are our greatest asset. Our highly skilled sales and service staff strive to create value for our customers by consistently delivering quality products and services that exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time. From management personnel to service technicians and customer service staff, the Cummins Northwest team takes great pride in delivering superior products and support across all ten Service Centers in our territory.
Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, Cummins is a global corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related components. Cummins serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 500 company owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 5,200 dealer locations.
Founded in 1919 as Cummins Engine Company, the company was among the first to see the commercial potential in the unproven diesel engine technology developed two decades earlier by Rudolph Diesel. Fortunately our leader and founder, Clessie Cummins, had the vision and leadership necessary to guide the company through a decade of fits and starts until 1933, when the company released the Model H, the company’s first commercially successful engine family.
Led by J. Irwin Miller, the company’s size and ambition grew hand in hand over the next four decades. The 1950’s saw the United States undergo a series of changes as the nation embarked on a series of massive interstate highway construction projects. Much of the equipment building the roads and powering the trucks on the roads was Cummins. As Cummins increased its prominence in the United States and its engines grew in popularity, Cummins began to set its sights beyond our borders. In 1956, Cummins opened its first international manufacturing facility in Shotts, Scotland. Today, Cummins has continued to expand its borders to include over 5,000 facilities in more than 197 countries and territories.
The early vision and legacy of our founder and early leaders continues to be embodied in our nearly 40,000 Cummins employees designing, engineering and servicing the most efficient, powerful, and environmentally friendly diesel and natural gas engines in the world.